fac_planning_aerial_ca_1959.jpg 

The Farr Property, ca 1958

Aerial Photograph of the Farr property located less than one mile south of the (then) Town of Fairfax. In 1958 the Fairfax Town Council voted to purchase this land and offer it to the University of Virginia for the permanent site of George Mason College (now University). Traffic arteries surrounding the property as shown are: Braddock Road (Va. 620) at the bottom of the photo, Payne Street (now Ox Road/Va. 123) at left, School Street (at top center) and Mechanic Street (now University Drive) at top right. 8" x 10" print; black and white.

Creator : unknown

Date : 1 June 1958

Source : George Mason University Facilities records

Rights : Copyright George Mason University

Citation: unknown, “The Farr Property, ca 1958,” A History of George Mason University, accessed November 19, 2017, http://ahistoryofmason.gmu.edu/items/show/233.