Browse Items (47 total)

gmuapc_1_2_oldbailey_ca1958.jpg
Item appears to be an internal document of Fairfax County Schools and is marked as such in top left hand corner. This is a 1-page typed description of the former Bailey's Crossroads Elementary School located at 5836 Columbia Pike at the corner of…

gmuapc_1_2_baileys_north.jpg
Photograph of the original George Mason College building from the north facing Columbia Pike (Route 244). This building had eight rooms. Note the modified sign, which previously read: University of Virginia University College.

sparks_RA196405-001.jpg
Photograph taken by Richard M. Sparks of Bailey's Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department in May 1964. George Mason College students used the meeting hall upstairs as a student lounge. The fire department building was built in 1942 and was located next…

sparks_RA196408-0001.jpg
Photograph taken by Richard Sparks of Craig Movers van moving books and supplies from the Bailey's Crossroads building to the new branch college at Fairfax, on either August 26 or 27, 1964. A brief video taken of the move out of Bailey's Crossroads…

gmuapc_1_2_halls.jpg
Humorous pencil drawing by George Mason College student, Linda Mansell, of Bailey's Crossroads building. Building appears in disrepair while in the foreground a skunk is crying. To the right are the words: 1956-1964: Oh Those "Hallowed Halls!" The…

gmuapc_1_2_baileys_1968.jpg
Photograph of the former Bailey's Crossroads campus of George Mason College taken in 1968. This building, which has been abandoned for 4 years at the time of this photograph, was demolished in 1970 as the intersection of Columbia Pike and Rt. 7 was…

atkins_3_10_11_12_1964_2.jpg
Photograph by Oliver Atkins of the George Mason College Dedication, November 12, 1964 from the perspective of the audience. Building in the background is the North Building (now named the Finley Building).

atkins_3_10_11_12_1964_3.jpg
Aerial photograph of George Mason College, Fairfax campus taken by Oliver F. Atkins. Photo is from the vantage point of Va. Rte. 123 looking east and shows, clockwise from top: East, South, West, and North buildings. Also seen in this image are the…

gmuapc_1_14_east_bldg_2_7_1964_1.jpg
Photograph (obverse and reverse) showing East Building under construction, February 7, 1964. In this image the brick exterior is nearly complete, while the other buildings (North, South, and West) are still being framed. On the reverse side, the date…

tour_of_GMC_1964.mp4
In this film George Mason College Director, Robert Reid, is taking a group of citizens and Fairfax leaders on a tour of the unfinished campus. The tour begins in the North Building (today's Finley Building) and continues around the exterior of the…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2