Browse Items (8 total)

mcfarlane_1_17_mann_1_13_58.jpg
Photostatic copy of a letter from Colgate W. Darden, Jr. to C. Harrison Mann, Jr. suggesting that he (Mann) try to convince the jurisdictions with interest in the site selection matter (Fairfax, Falls Church, Alexandria, and Arlington) to consider…

wood_1_1_1_21_1958.pdf
Carbon Copy of letter from John C. Wood, May of the Town of Fairfax, Va. to C. Harrison Mann, Jr. of the Board of Control, January 21, 1958. In this letter he and the Fairfax Town Council offer the Farr property located just south of the Town of…

wood_1_1_6_17_1958.pdf
Carbon copy of letter from John C. Wood to Virginia Governor, J. Lindsay Almond, Jr. of June 17, 1958. In this letter Wood explains that the Town of Fairfax has secured the Farr tract and wishes to offer it to the state for the northern Virginia…

wood_1_1_6_25_1958.pdf
Carbon Copy of letter from John C. Wood, May of the Town of Fairfax, Va. to Colgate W. Darden, Jr., President of the University of Virgnia, June 25, 1958. In this letter he and the Town of Fairfax offer the Farr property located just south of the…

wood_1_1_6_27_1958.jpg
Letter, Colgate W. Darden, Jr. to John C. Wood, June 27, 1958. In this letter, Darden thanks Wood and the people of Fairfax for the generous offer. He tells Wood that he will consult members of the Board of Visitors regarding the offer, adding that…

wood_1_1_12_15_1958.jpg
Letter from Weldon Cooper, Secretary to the Board of Visitors, University of Virginia, to John C. Wood, May of the Town of Fairfax, Va, December 15, 1958. In this letter Cooper informs Wood that the Board of Visitors has considered the offer of the…

wood_1_1_12_29_1958.jpg
December 29, 1958 Letter from J. Lindsay Almond, Jr., Governor of Virgnia to John C. Wood, Mayor of Fairfax advising Wood that the final selection of the branch is in the hands of the Board of Visitors, but he will approve the Farr tract if the…

fac_planning_aerial_ca_1959.jpg
Aerial Photograph of the Farr property located less than one mile south of the (then) Town of Fairfax. In 1958 the Fairfax Town Council voted to purchase this land and offer it to the University of Virginia for the permanent site of George Mason…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2