Browse Items (22 total)

wood_1_1_1_21_1958.pdf
Carbon Copy of letter from John C. Wood, May of the Town of Fairfax, Va. to C. Harrison Mann, Jr. of the Board of Control, January 21, 1958. In this letter he and the Fairfax Town Council offer the Farr property located just south of the Town of…

wood_1_1_6_17_1958.pdf
Carbon copy of letter from John C. Wood to Virginia Governor, J. Lindsay Almond, Jr. of June 17, 1958. In this letter Wood explains that the Town of Fairfax has secured the Farr tract and wishes to offer it to the state for the northern Virginia…

wood_1_1_6_25_1958.pdf
Carbon Copy of letter from John C. Wood, May of the Town of Fairfax, Va. to Colgate W. Darden, Jr., President of the University of Virgnia, June 25, 1958. In this letter he and the Town of Fairfax offer the Farr property located just south of the…

wood_1_1_6_27_1958.jpg
Letter, Colgate W. Darden, Jr. to John C. Wood, June 27, 1958. In this letter, Darden thanks Wood and the people of Fairfax for the generous offer. He tells Wood that he will consult members of the Board of Visitors regarding the offer, adding that…

wood_1_1_12_15_1958.jpg
Letter from Weldon Cooper, Secretary to the Board of Visitors, University of Virginia, to John C. Wood, May of the Town of Fairfax, Va, December 15, 1958. In this letter Cooper informs Wood that the Board of Visitors has considered the offer of the…

wood_1_1_12_29_1958.jpg
December 29, 1958 Letter from J. Lindsay Almond, Jr., Governor of Virgnia to John C. Wood, Mayor of Fairfax advising Wood that the final selection of the branch is in the hands of the Board of Visitors, but he will approve the Farr tract if the…

wood_1_1_2_10_1959.jpg
Carbon copy of letter from John C. Wood to Virginia Governor, J. Lindsay Almond, Jr. of February 10, 1959. In this letter Wood informs almond that the sale of the Farr tract to the Town of Fairfax has been completed and that the deed to the property…

farr_deed_1959.pdf
Copy of original title deed to the Farr tract, upon which the Fairfax Campus of George Mason College was built in 1964. Deed is dated February 10, 1959. This copy is derived from a printout from a 35 mm a negative microfilm of the original.

gmuapc_1_9_groundbreaking_8_1_1963_shovel_front.jpg
Photograph (front and back) of key individuals in the history of George Mason University breaking ground for the new George Mason College campus in Fairfax Va., August 1, 1963. Pictured in foreground from left to right are: John C. Wood, Clarence…

facilities_planning_1_16_sign_design_2_1_1962.jpg
Letter (carbon copy) from John Norville Gibson Finley, director of George Mason College to Joseph L. Vaughan, Chancellor of Community Colleges, University of Virginia, January 30. 1962. In this letter Finley suggests wording for the sign. He notes…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2